Thursday, October 1, 2015

BBBC September - I Was Here



September's book was chosen by the lovely Stephanie from The Wonky Brow. She chose I Was Here by Gayle Forman.  I had never read anything by this author, but I'd heard a lot about her, so I was excited.



Cody is devastated when her best friend Meg commits suicide without warning. She soon discovers there was a lot more going on with Meg than she thought. When she goes to her college town to pack up Meg's belongings, she finds an encrypted file on Meg's computer that leaves here with so many questions.  She sets out on a mission to figure out why Meg saw no way out - or was it even suicide at all?


I had never read anything by Gayle Forman before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I could sum this book up with one word..."Meh".  It was fine, but I wanted more.  I think the romance between Cody and Ben could've been left out.  It was too cliche' and predictable.  

I should add that I listened to this book via the Audible app.  I enjoyed the narrator, which always is a good thing!

Check out what other members of our BBBC Members thought!


Michelyn: Brains, Beauty & Basketball
Ashley: If You Give A Girl A Ring
Heather: Love To Be Busy
Lisa: Uncommon Wife Life
Stephanie: The Wonky Brow



October's book is Eight Hundred Grapes by Laura Dave and was chosen by Michelyn.  It looks like a great light read!  Feel free to join along.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment