Tuesday, April 28, 2015

April Birchbox Review!

Birchbox - April 2015



I ended up choosing the Mad Men New York curated box AND upgraded to get the Rifle Paper Co. tote!  This was a great Birchbox month for me.  I won't go into much detail about the tote, but I will say it was much bigger than I expected!  It's larger than a purse, but smaller than an overnight bag.  There aren't any zippers or pockets anywhere, but I still really like it and plan to get a lot of use out of it this summer!  Here are my thoughts on this month's products:

Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel - $22.00 full size 0.28 oz / $6.67 sample value .085 oz

I actually just cracked this one open because my full size of this was just about done.  I love this brow gel.  It's not too goopy or sticky, but holds every hair in place.  I use it with my Anastasia brow powder duo in Medium Brown.  Will definitely buy this again once I run out.

Cargo Swimmables Water Resistant Blush in Los Cabos - $26.00 FS 0.37 oz / $7.72 SV .11oz

I remember Kate from The Small Things Blog talking about this on one of her posts a while ago.  It's a really nice tangerine color with a touch of shimmer.  And it really does last all day!  Maybe even longer than Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes?  I really have to be careful when applying this because it is soooo pigmented.  This color is ok on me - I think it will look better once I am more tan.  I really want to try the other two shades:  Bali (medium rose) and Ibiza (shimmery, sheer bubblegum pink).

Beauty Protector Protect & Oil - $25.95 FS 4 oz / $1.62 SV* .25oz

I have gotten this before in a Birchbox and loved it.  It smells amazing, just like all of Beauty Protector's other products.  I really like putting this on my hair and letting it air dry the night before I plan on curling it with a curling iron.  It really helps keep the frizz down.  It also works great before blowdrying.  Once I use up my other hair oils, this might be my next purchase!  *Note - the sample value is a guess because the sample bottle doesn't say how many ounces it is.  I'm guessing it's about a quarter ounce.

Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion - $25.00 FS 5 oz / $8.00 SV 1.6 oz

This product wasn't what I was expecting.  I was expecting a thin eye cream (hence, lotion), but it's more like a toner for your eyes...which is something I've never tried before.  It claims to help calm and de-puff eyes, plus remove any traces of eye makeup left behind after cleansing.  My eyes do feel refreshed after using this, and it didn't irritate my sensitive eyes.  I am also a contact lens wearer.  

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - $20.00 FS 150 ml / $2.96 SV .75 oz

This does smell nice, but I prefer foams or foaming gels when shaving my legs.  Or at least something that lathers at least a little bit.  I wouldn't ever spend that much on a shaving cream anyway.  

This was probably one of the best Birchboxes I've received, and I've been a subscriber since December 2011!  The total box is valued at $26.97, so for 10 bucks, it's a great value!  

2 comments:

  1. Great box!!! Can't wait to see how the eye cream works out for you... I have a mini Cargo blush in Bali that I've never even touched. I'm gonna have to give it a shot now! My personal favorite long-wearing blushes are theBalm's Instain blushes. LOVE. I'll have to see how the Cargo one compares!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a mini of theBalm's Instain in Swiss Dot. It is a little too brick-red for me....Maybe I'll give it a try!

      Delete