Friday, May 1, 2015

March & April Boxycharm Review!

So I cancelled Ipsy last month.  I was just getting tired of receiving the same (ahem, boring) brands on rotation, plus products that I will never use.  I had always been curious about Boxycharm and my girl Stephanie (The Wonky Brow Blog) raved about it.  You get 4 full size items plus a mini full-size for $21/month.  I signed up in late March and they sent me the March & April box at the same time!  


March Boxycharm - Total Value $112


LVX Nail Lacquer in "Deco" - $16.00



I received the shade Deco, which is a really nice coral shade.  Though about 60% of all the nail polish I own is in the coral family, I don't have one like this!  It's kind of pale and muted, but still vibrant...haha I know that's totally contradictory.  I did need 3 coats to get the opacity I wanted, so I wish it wasn't so thin.  It wore nicely too - about 4 days before the first sign of wear on the tips.  




Tarte LipSurgence lip tint in Charmed - $24.00



I am a Tarte junkie.  I love just about everything I've tried from them.  This color is so nice on me.  It's a blue toned pink that is buildable.  It has the minty flavor like all of the other LipSurgence tints.  It's a great everyday lipcolor.  I have a few other of these, but not this shade, so I was excited!





Previse Nutrify Skin Type 1-6 Universal Tonic - $48.00

Wow that is a long product name.  I'm not so sure about this one.  It's not an oil, but more of a serum.  It claims to "hydrate skin and speed healing while fighting free radicals and surface irritants".  It does absorb very quickly - almost to the point that I don't even notice I applied it!  I haven't used it long enough to notice a difference in my skin.  I will update if I notice anything dramatic (good or bad)!

OFRA Eyeliner - $13.00

No.  Just no.  It claims to go on smooth, but no!  It's chunky and gritty and just bad.  The color I received was Navy - not sure if all charmers got this shade?  I don't wear navy liner, but even if I did, I wouldn't wear this.

Oscar Blandi Dry Styling Heat Protect Spray - $11.00

This product was the "mini full size" this month.  It claims to offer 450 degree heat protection and safeguards hair from all hot tools.  I've only used this before blow drying and it's fine.  Nothing ground-breaking.  It smells good though.  Kind of wish I got the dry shampoo instead...

April Boxycharm - Total Value $117


Harvey Prince Signature Mini Roller - $21

I am a fan of Harvey Prince, but I'm not sure about this scent.  It's a little too mature for me.  I do love Hello & Ageless by Harvey Prince!  

Coolway Smoothing Lotion - $24.95

I've only used this once, but I think I used too much.  Seemed a bit heavy for my hair.  I will try it again and use less!  

Coastal Scents Revealed 2 Palette - $20.00

The card that came with the box said this was worth $39.95, but that's what Coastal Scent's website says as the retail value - yet it's always listed for $19.95!  So I'm going with that for an actual retail value.  Regardless, it's still a good palette.  I have the Revealed 1 and this is just as good.  I haven't swatched next to my Urban Decay Naked 3, but I've heard there are lots of dupes.  Some shades are a little chunky and powdery, but as a whole, it's a nice addition to my palette collection.  

OFRA Blush Stripes - Illuminating - $35.00

Wow this is shimmery.  I think I will get more use out of this as eyeshadow than highlighter.  Not sure why they call it blush because it's definitely NOT blush.  The top color is so pretty!  And the whitish color would be really nice as a highlight under the brow.

Model Co SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss - $16.00

This is nice.  I got the bright pink shade and it is really pretty!  It's not too sticky, it doesn't have a bad smell, and it even has a mirror on the side!  Here is a swatch on my hand:


So far, Boxycharm has hit it out of the park with these 2 boxes in terms of value!  I'm really glad I signed up and can't wait to see what we are getting in our May boxes!

Click here to sign up for $21/month!






1 comment:

  1. I love BoxyCharm! I'm so glad you are enjoying it too. I agree with the Harvey Prince. I absolutely love Hello but not crazy about Signature. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete