Thursday, July 2, 2015

BBBC June - The Year We Left Home

So I feel like I just wrote my review for May's book!  Summer really is flying by!  For June, Heather, from Love To Be Busy, chose The Year We Left Home by Jean Thompson.  It is the story of a family in a small Iowa town that spans 30 years in their lives.  

To be totally honest, I just didn't "get" this book.  It was very underwhelming and hard to follow.  There were a lot of characters, but it was very hard to keep track of who was who.  There was no real climax or plot; just lots of specific everyday life events tangled up into a book.  I was just waiting for something to happen, but it never did.  

Go check out what the other BBBC Members thought about the book:
Michelyn: Brains, Beauty & Basketball
Ashley: If You Give A Girl A Ring
Heather: Love To Be Busy
Lisa: Uncommon Wife Life
Stephanie: The Wonky Brow



July's book was chosen by Lisa, from Uncommon Wife Life.  She chose Paper Towns by John Green.  I've read The Fault in Our Stars and enjoyed that, so I am excited to read this one.  It's also being made into a movie, so that's always fun!  

I get to pick August's book, so stay tuned for my choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment