Wednesday, June 24, 2015

June Birchbox(es)!

So I was sneaky and signed up for the $1 Tati Birchbox with another email address....and I am sure if you're reading this, you did the same thing (or are now kicking yourself for not doing it!).  Here are my thoughts on both boxes!

My "Real" June Birchbox


  • Coola Sport SPF 50 - Mango (Full Size 5 oz  $32 / Sample Value $3.20) - This smells nice, but had a heavier feeling than I expected it to have.  I love Coola's Matte Tint BB cream, but this is likely something I won't buy.
  • Marcelle Eyeliner (FS $11.00 / SV $4.50) - I don't normally wear blue eyeliner, but I got 2 this month.  The one I got in this box was a brighter shade, which I will probably try and feel like I took a time machine back to 1988.  I swatched them and the formula is nice and they seem to have good staying power.
  • Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant (FS 3.3 oz $26 / SV $7.87) - Now this, I like....a lot.  I used this way back in college (before Paula's Choice was well known) and for some reason forgot about it. I was so excited to get this in my box!  It works wonderfully!  I have dark spots from past breakouts and some sun spots, and while I haven't seen drastic improvements yet in fading those, my skin definitely feels smoother and looks more even!  I plan to buy the full size of this, for sure!
  • Temple Spa Good Hair Day Shampoo and In Good Condition Conditioner (FS 6.8 oz $14 each / SV $1.73 each) - No, just no.  Hated the smell (it's minty), hated the fact that the shampoo didn't clean my hair well at all, AND the conditioner left a waxy film on my hair.  No bueno!
  • L Erickson Pony Tail Holder (FS $18 for 15 / SV $1.20) - This is a pretty good ponytail holder, especially for holding your hair up while working out.  I still prefer the ribbon hair ties for casual ponytails though.
  • RumbaTime Watch (Retail Value $45 / paid $28) - I love this watch!  And I can't believe Birchbox offered it at such an incredible deal!  The band is silicone, which I really like, and the color is very unique!  It's very comfortable to wear.  I definitely want to get more watches from RumbaTime!

Total Value $20.23 (not including watch)




My $1 June Birchbox


  • Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris (FS $65 1 oz / SV $3.90) - I've gotten this sample before and I was so excited to get it again!  It's citrus-y and sweet and really nice!  I really want to get the full size once I get through this sample.  It's so unique!!  I usually don't get excited about perfume samples, but this one is a huge exception!
  • Marcelle BB Cream Golden Glow (FS $27 1.6 oz / SV $4.05) - Another sample I have gotten before via my "real" Birchbox.  I just can't get this one to work for me.  It's just too dewy and accentuates my pores.  No thanks.  The color is nice though!
  • Marcelle Eyeliner (FS $11.00 / SV $4.50) - The shade in this box was a darker navy blue, which I will actually wear!  Yay!
  • Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect (FS $32 200ml / SV $4.80) - meh.  I've had this before too and wasn't super impressed.  To be fair, I did only use it with the crap shampoo & conditioner mentioned above.  I guess I should give it another shot with my normal combo.  It does smell nice though!
  • Supergoop Everyday SPF 50 Sunscreen (FS $19 2.4 oz / SV $2.70) - This is nice!  I've only used it once so far, but I may consider buying the large pump bottle next summer since I am already stocked up on sunscreen for this year.  
  • L Erickson Pony Tail Holder (FS $18 for 15 / SV $1.20) - see review above.

Total Value $21.15


I'm pretty happy with my boxes.  I will probably cancel the 2nd box after the July one comes and I get enough points to cash in on something around $10!  I am a little bummed I got two of the same box designs though.  

Subscribe to Birchbox HERE for only $10/month!

No comments:

Post a Comment