Tuesday, May 19, 2015

April Empties!

Okay so I'm so behind on this blog post!  But it took me a while to go back and figure out what I actually used in April.  Now I am making a running list, so May will be much easier!  Here is a summary of what I used up.  

*Disclaimer:  I borrowed this format from my girl Stephanie from The Wonky Brow Blog.  Hey girl, hey!*

Items I will miss the most:

  • Nars Creamy Concealer - I really, really, really liked this!  The color was perfect, the formula was amazing, and the coverage was great!  Sadly, I have too many concealers to work through before I drop $29 on this bad boy again.
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder - Yes, I will miss this item the most because it's been DISCONTINUED!  This was my go-to drugstore powder!  And I've heard the new formula isn't as good.  I haven't tried it yet though.

Items I can't live without and have already repurchased:

  • Clear Care Contact Solution - I really wish I had discovered this years ago.  I have worn contacts since the 9th grade and have always used the multi-purpose solution.  I only discovered Clear Care last month, after Erica (@beautyempties on IG) posted her love for this.  It is amazing!!  Seriously, I will never go back to the old solution.  My contacts don't feel dry and I don't constantly feel like something is in my eye!
  • Suave Visible Glow Lotion - I finished this and went out (before my no-buy began) and bought 2 more!  I really like this stuff and it's CHEAP!  Plus it doesn't have that bad self-tanner smell...at all!  I don't know how they manged to do that.
  • Tree Hut Coconut Lime Scrub - I love this!  I especially love when hubby uses it on my back in the shower...although I do have to reciprocate, which is lame.  But this stuff smells amazing and really has helped with breakouts on my back!  I tried other scents from this line, but I love this one the most!
  • Anastasia Clear Brow Gel - What had happened was....I got one of these in a set, and now I'm hooked and am a brow gel snob.  I've heard NYX and Elf brow gels are just as good, so maybe I'll try them next.  Technically I didn't repurchase this when I ran out because a mini size came in my April Birchbox.  But I still love this!

Samples that made me want the full-size:

  • Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion - I've heard mixed reviews on this, but I tried a sample and immediately got the full size (before my no-buy!).  No, it is not as hydrating as regular lotion, but it's great to use in the shower and then apply normal lotion after you dry off!  And even if I'm too lazy to apply normal lotion, that is ok!  I will probably always have this in my shower.
  • Fekkai Dry Shampoo - This is probably one of the top 3 dry shampoos I've used.  The smell is incredible and there is no white cast.  I haven't gotten the full size, but it is on my list!
  • Dr Brandt Pores No More - Funny thing...the full size I purchased (with a Sephora gift card) has a slightly different consistency than the sample I had?  It still does the same thing, but it makes me wonder....

Disappointing Products:

  • Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Water - I didn't care for this.  It left a sticky feeling on my skin.  It didn't really remove all of my makeup, so I used it after removing makeup and I just couldn't deal with the feeling it left.  I use the Simple cleansing water and I love that!
  • Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara - Flake city!  No, just no!  I liked (read: not loved) the way it made my lashes look, but I hated the flakes!  And the wand was huge and awkward.

Products you couldn't pay me to repurchase:

  • I didn't really purchase this because it was a sample, but the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation was a waste of my time.  The color was wrong, but even the coverage was non-existent!  
Full Size Products Used:  23
Samples used:  9

2 comments:

  1. Hey Girllllll, Heyyyyyyy... lmao!!! Good stuff in here! I love how you added your totals for the month to the bottom! That's brilliant. I will now be stealing that from you!! hehehehe. I've got like two or three samples of that Nivea In-Shower lotion if you want them!!!! lol. And an extra sample of the Dr. Brandt Pores No More. ;-) Also, I agree about the Hourglass foundation. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl heyyy! LOL! Thanks! And I'm keeping track of how much each empty is worth $-wise so I can post that too on May's empties. Sure I'll take those samples off your hands if you don't want them. :) We can work out something like a trade!

      Delete