Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Target Beauty Box - my thoughts...


I was finally lucky enough to snag the Spring 2015 Target Beauty Box - thanks to all the gals who posted a heads up on Instagram!  It became available ONE DAY after I started my no-buy...but someone was watching over me because I remembered I had a Target gift card in my wallet with juuuuust enough on it to cover the cost!  Here are my thoughts:

Maybelline Color Elixir in Rose Redefined -  Value $5.95

This is a full size (yay!).  I have another one of these in Glistening Amber and I like it, but I really like this shade.  The formula is great - more pigmented than a regular gloss, just the right amount of stickiness, and it smells good too!  It lasts slightly longer than a standard lip gloss, but not as long as a long-wear lipstick or stain.  It's easy to apply and doesn't need lip liner or a lipstick underneath.  I am happy with this!






Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Shampoo - 3.2 oz Value $3.99

This does smell amazing, but I am not sure if I'd purchase a full size.  It's a little heavy for my fine hair, so I can't use it every time I wash my hair.  It is sulfate free, and my hair needs the sulfates.  But I will use this up and consider buying a different formula from this brand.  I have some bath oil and bath salts from Shea Moisture and LOVE them!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Facial Moisturizer - Value $2.65

I was really excited to try this, but was a little underwhelmed.  It is a little sticky when you first apply it, so for that reason, I will just use this at night.  I did like the way my skin felt the next morning.  This might be a good night cream in the summertime when I don't need my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  

TRESemme Tre Two Spray - 1.5 oz Value $1.47

This is my go-to drugstore hairspray, so of course I was happy to receive a small size for travel!  It doesn't flake, it's not too stiff, and it smells nice!  

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray - Value $13.99

This is the full size people!  I really like this.  It is just as good as the Urban Decay All-Nighter, in my opinion, and is much cheaper.  I work out in the afternoon, and this helps my makeup look presentable afterwards! (Unless I'm really sweating, in which case there isn't a setting spray made that would help!)  I wish the spray was as fine as the UD, but I have an empty UD bottle that I may pour this into.  Problem solved!

The Verdict

I am really happy with this box.  The combined value of the products is a little over $28, and they also included a $3.00 off a $15 beauty purchase coupon.  The advertised value is $38, but I can't figure out where they got that number.  Still, it's an amazing value and I will definitely jump on the next one!  I wish they would offer it as a subscription box like Walmart does though.  Did you get one of these boxes?  What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I skipped this one! And I shouldn't have... Oh well... Maybe next time. I always have a problem with Neutrogena skin products, they usually break me out. No bueno.

    ReplyDelete