Tuesday, May 26, 2015

May Boxycharm Review!



This is my 3rd month being a Boxycharm subscriber and I'm still very happy with it!  Let's go over what I thought:

  • ModelCo Bronze Shimmer ($24 value) - I prefer matte bronzers...always have, always will.  I will probably try this on my decollete or pass it along to someone else.  I haven't decided yet, but I will give it a fair shot.  It is a nice bronze tone though; not too muddy or orange.
  • The Lip Bar Lipstick in Purple Rain ($20 value) - I'll be honest, when I opened this, I thought there was no way in hell I would use this.  I posted my concerns on IG and my dear friend Danielle from Everyday Beauty showed me some different ways to layer it with more neutral lipsticks/glosses.  I think I can make it work, but I still haven't decided if I will pass it along or hang onto it.  Their packaging is so pretty and sexy....other cosmetic companies need to take note!  Oh and after researching the company, it turns out they were on Shark Tank!  Fun fact.  :)
  • Bodyography Essential Brow Trio ($19 value) - I love brow products, and I adore brow powders, so I was super excited to get this!  The quality of the packaging is impressive and I really like the powders.  I will say I get a better result with my Anastasia brush, but we'll talk about the Bodyography brow brush in a minute.  :)  The powders are extremely blendable and set nicely with a brow gel.  I am impressed and will look into more products from this brand. 
  • Bodyography Brow Brush ($19 value) - I was hoping for a little more from this brush.  The bristles were slightly too soft and flimsy for me.  I prefer the stiffness of my Anastasia #7 brow brush.  But the spoolie is nice on the end!  
  • Lauren B Beauty Nail Polish in Sunset Blvd ($18 value) - What a great nail polish!  The color is perfection and it dries fast and is pretty chip resistant.  The opacity is great with 2 coats, which is a requirement to me.  I will definitely be checking out more shades from this brand.  
Total retail value: $100 and the subscription is only $21/month!  

While I wasn't completely in love with everything I got, Boxycharm still is an amazing value!  

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see how you layer the lipstick!!! We got a decent box this month!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete