Thursday, May 7, 2015

The 12 Empties of Christmas


Joining in on the #12emptiesofchristmas challenge, started by the awesome @Jencoempties on Instagram!  Here are my picks!



1.  Dove Go Fresh Body Wash in Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena Scent

I have no idea why I bought a 3 pack of these at Sams Club.  I don't really care much for the scent.  I liked it at first, but now I'm tired of it.  This 3/4 full bottle has been sitting on my shelf forever and it needs to go!


2.  Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night

I really like this - when I remember to use it!  I've noticed more lines on my forehead and around my eyes, so I want to force myself to use this.  It's a retinoid, which my skin seems to respond to.

3.  Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed

This is the first Tarte blush I got, and I started to make good progress with it, until I became hooked about bought more shades!  (I now own 5, or 6? I forget!)  But this color is great and goes with everything.  It looks great when I'm pale and when I'm tan.  


4.  Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Great color on me - not muddy, not orange, perfect to contour.  I've tried the drugstore "dupes" but the color just isn't right.  And it blends beautifully!  This is probably the only bronzer I've ever hit pan on!  All the others just weren't the right color!

5.  Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub

This stuff is so good and it tastes amazing!  I included it so I would be reminded to actually use it!  I have another one in my stash.  I want to try the popcorn flavor next!

6.  Josie Maran Argan Oil Lite

LOVE this!  I want to use this bottle up so I can get the larger bottle next!  I use this on my face at night, either by itself, or mixed in with my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream.  It's also great on cuticles.  I need to try it in my hair - I keep forgetting to!

7.  Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded

Perfect eyeshadow base.  I almost threw this out because it was starting to dry up, but I learned from my girl @abeautyproject on instagram that you can use saline drops to revive it!  It works perfectly!  I pretty much use this every day with a neutral taupe or mauve in my crease.  

8.  Bath and Body Works True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Body Lotion

This feels really nice.  I got it in the winter and it wasn't hydrating enough then, but I think it will be a good summer lotion.  I can't wait to finish it though because sometimes the scent is a bit too much for me.

9.  Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator 

I was between this and the Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion.  I got this because it was a way better value.  I included this because I tend to forget this step and I notice a difference when I use it 2-3x a week.  I will definitely be buying it again!

10.  Michael Todd Pumpkin Nutrient Rich Facial Mask

I am lazy when it comes to masks, but this one doesn't dry like clay masks do, so it's perfect to use in the shower.  I also feel like the steam from the shower helps it sink in better.  It does tingle when you first apply it, but it does subside.  It has glycolic acid, which my skin seems to like.

11.  Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydromist Blow-out Spray

I've had this forever and I just want it to be done so I can throw it away!  I have about half left.  It's nice, but the smell isn't my favorite.  It does volumize, but you have to be careful not to overdo it!  

12.  Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream

I got a small sample of this in one of my first Birchboxes and really liked it, so I got the full size.  I've had this a while and I've got about 1/3 of it left.  I want to try something new next.  I don't think it helps with dark circles like it claims.  But it does feel nice and works well under makeup.

Wish me luck!  I will post updates as I work through all this stuff!!



2 comments:

  1. Good picks! Excited to watch your progress! I need to post mine soon!

    ReplyDelete