Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#JustOne Tag!

My dear friend Stephanie from The Wonky Brow Blog tagged me to do this.  If I could only pick just one product from each category, which would it be?  A couple of these were really tough to choose!  Here we go:

Just One....

  1. Lipstick:  NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Ceto.  This was the first NYX lipstick I tried and it came in one of my first Ipsy bags.  The color is so nice and natural, but also has a nice sheen to it that looks more put together than a balm or a gloss.  
  2. Lipgloss:  Cover Girl Colorlicious Lip Gloss in Juicy Fruit.  The formula of these glosses is so nice.  Not too sticky but not too thin.  This particular color is so versatile.  You can use it over any lipstick or on its own.  
  3. Blush:  Bobbi Brown Blush in Apricot.  I saw this on Essiebutton's YouTube channel and knew I had to have it.  It is the perfect pink and is super pigmented.  It looks great when I am tan and when I am pale and the staying power is awesome!  
  4. Eyeshadow Single:  ELF Pressed Mineral Eyeshadow in What's Your Name I don't even know how I acquired this little gem, but I just recently pulled it out because I had forgotten all about it.  It's a purple/taupe that is amazing.  I found it on Amazon, but it's not on ELF's website anymore!  It does not crease and stays put.  I love pairing it with my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barley Branded for super easy daytime eye!
  5. Eyeshadow Palette:  Urban Decay Naked2 Basics.  This was a hard choice, but I chose it because I use every shade in this palette.  Yes it looks boring, but it really is a nice shade range and the quality is excellent!  I can even use the darkest shade as a liner and the lightest shade is my favorite under brow highlight shade.  
  6. Mascara:  Benefit Rollerlash.  Without a doubt.  I got a sample of this from Sephora and fell in love immediately.  The first few times I used it, I still used my lash curler.  One day I was running late and decided to skip the curler and guess what?  I haven't used a lash curler in 2 months!  It doesn't flake or smudge and the curl lasts all day.  Plus I get volume and length!  I will definitely repurchase (until I get bored and someone comes out with something new and revolutionary)!  PS - try They're Real over this....ah-mazing!
  7. Foundation:  Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous This is my go-to lately.  I've tried a few others in my stash and always come back to this.  It looks great all day, but doesn't look cakey or over-done.  I think I need a darker color soon because I've been self-tanning.  The best way to apply it is with a Beauty Blender.  It reminds me of Estee Lauder Double Wear Light!
  8. Facial Cleanser:  Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil.  I've tried a ton of cleansing oils, but this one is my favorite.  It smells the best and it cleans the best.  I love how it makes my skin feel after using it too.  I am on my third bottle of this and have one more in my stash!  Note:  I do have to use a separate eye makeup remover, but this does a good job of removing what that misses!
  9. Powder/Bronzer:  Benefit Hoola is my favorite bronzer, by far!  It is the perfect shade - not too muddy and not too orange.  It blends wonderfully since it is very finely milled.  I wish the packaging was a little more compact though.  My favorite powder is Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.  It really does help keep me matte throughout the day without looking like I'm wearing powder.  I wish my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder hadn't been discontinued, but this is a good dupe!
  10. Nail Polish:  Cover Girl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish in My Papaya.  This shade is so perfect.  It is a really bright coral with a hint of orange.  I love it in the summer, but also in the winter when I need a pick-me-up.  The formula of these polishes is amazing.  Every one I've tried has been great!  They stay on and don't chip until maybe the 4th or 5th day!
Bonus:  Any two items you couldn't live without:
  1. The Beautyblender - I used to go back and forth with this.  I've tried dupes and even the synthetic brushes, but I always come back to this.  Seriously, if you haven't tried one, do yourself a favor and order it!
  2. Clear Care Contact Solution - I just can't wear contacts without using this stuff.  I don't know how I lived without it!  It makes a huuuuuuge difference and I will never stop using it!  Finally my contacts don't dry out by 6 pm and I don't feel like I have stuff in my eyeballs!
I tag Danielle from Everyday Beauty and Dianna from Snacks on Rotation to do this tag!  And anyone else who wants to of course!

1 comment:

  1. Great picks!!! I've been using my Beautyblender lately since everyone keeps talking about it. I like it, but it definitely sheers out the coverage of the foundation. I hadn't used it in, like, a year... lol. But I'm enjoying it now. I love Hoola too. Another way I use it is as a setting powder when I have a spray tan. ;-)

    ReplyDelete